Wednesday Writing Camp With Prompts
We are at the mid-week point in writing camp. Today, we go from 9 am – 3 pm CST on Twitter using the hashtag #writingsprint. We will sprint for 50 minutes with a 10 minute break each hour. At around 11 am CST, we will break for lunch.
Not sure how to get started? Start with a freewrite prompt to get you reflecting and moving! Check out this list of questions by Bolker (1998) in her book, Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day: A Guide to Starting, Revising, and Finishing Your Doctoral Thesis:
- Are you moving forward? Do you sometimes feel as if you’re going in circles? Do you know when? Why?
- Is your pace accelerating? decelerating? If it’s steady, does it feel like the right pace?
- What speeds you up? What slows you down?
- Is your pace one that you can maintain over time?
- Is is a pace that will allow you to finish on time?
- Are you undoing as much writing as you’re producing? If so, why?
- Do you know roughly how much you can write in a certain period of time?
- Have you thought about, and discussed with your advisor, how large your project must be, how small it can be and still be acceptable, and how long you have? That is, have you calibrated the process?
- Have you made a tentative timetable? (pp. 70-71)